Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yikes - Sucky Running Weather ahead!


The forecast looks like it is going to suck starting tomorrow. Yes, running in the rain can be fun, but running in thunderstorms does not work for me at all.

The plan is to get in all of my Wednesday miles in the morning and suck it up to do the team workout on Thursday as long as it is not too awful. Thank goodness I get a rest day on Friday and have the luxury of running when I want on Saturday (when I'll likely only need 6-8 miles to fill in weekly mileage). Soulbuster looks to have decent weather so far.

2 comments:

StephW said...

that is going to suck. were you training that one year when it just downpoured for about several days straight and there was flooding everywhere. i ran it that and it sucked and vowed never to do that again.

kirsten said...

Thursday looks hideous...tempo run in the rain and 40 some degrees...not right at all. On the plus side, a run of 20 miles in the rain on Sat would be good - I have never raced in bad weather and need to be prepared mentally and physically for anything in Boston. I'm doing the soul buster on the 22nd.