Sunday, March 29, 2009

Big PR! Dang that hurt!

I raced the Cap10k this morning. Thankfully I woke up with minimal aches and pains from the 23.4 miles from yesterday. My ultimate goal for this race was 44:51 (7:15 pace), but I gave myself an acceptable range from 44:51-47:00.

With tired legs, the hilly Cap10k course was brutal on my legs. I'm not a friends with uphills and there were many, so I didn't really worry all that much about being slow. My legs felt like bricks at mile one. I sucked it up and ran with all the effort I could give. I squashed some negative thoughts during the race and finished well.

Chip Time - 45:38.8 (a big PR of almost 2 minutes)
Overall place - 570 out of 18,000+ if you count the untimed people.
Age Group - 13th (really 14th because the overall ladies winner was in my age group)

I'm super proud of my time. I'm also proud of Chad, who broke 40:00 for the first time ever. Congrats to all of my Team Rogue teammates who ran today, even after running 20+ miles yesterday. Awesome!

4 comments:

kirsten said...

WOW!!! Awesome job sadie. You could not have asked for better weather either!

The MOB said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go! Whay a great race!

Bri said...

Ran it too, and I agree that the uphills are not my friend, but I sucked it up. However, no PR for these ol' legs, but it was good weather, and it's nice to see the surrounding crowd all out there doing their thing. Again, congrats on PR and I'm so impressed with how hard your are working.

Kevin said...

Uh, 24 hours after running 23 miles, you set a 10K pr? If that isnt "sick fast" :-) I don't know what is. Nice job, S! I've gotta join that Rogue training group to get me some stamina like that.