Friday, March 13, 2009

Tea Weather

Yesterday during my massage, Lisa said that this is 'tea weather'. I totally agree. Even though I've been downing a cup of coffee for 5:30am runs, I'm finding that tea really hits the spot throughout the day. Do you drink tea? What brands/flavors?

Here's what I've been drinking -
  • Tazo - Wild Sweet Orange - This is a perfect cider replacement tea. If you don't want the sugary sweet taste of hot apple cider, but you still want a warm fruity taste, this is the ideal tea. I love this tea with a spoonful of sugar...I could drink it all day.




  • Tazo - Passion - similar to the Wild Sweet Orange in terms of satisfaction and drinkability, but with some hibiscus/passionfruit notes.



  • Two Leaves and a Bud - Mountain High Chai - My absolute favorite chai blend. I don't need milk in this one because it is so smooth on its own.



  • Tazo - Organic Tazo Chai - not as good as the Two Leaves and a Bud, but still a satisfying, spicy blend. I'm drinking a cup of this right now.




  • Yorkshire Teas - Red Breakfast Tea - Yummy strong black tea.
I'm a little stuck on the Tazo brand, only because I like their variety packs and their consistent flavors. In the past, I have been known to branch out and try new brands and flavors.

As a wedding gift, we got a tea kettle that I LOVE! It works well for tea or oatmeal (which I eat regularly). I also got some tea diffusers and tea balls for loose leaf tea, so I'm excited to try bulk teas.

It is certainly tea weather.

2 comments:

Julia said...

All those teas sound yummy! I am putting Tazo on the grocery list for today! I used to regulary drink tea with my English mother, who immediately put the kettle on when anyone showed up. It was yummy (just good ol' English Typhoo tea) which I always drank with milk but no sugar. I had forgotten how relaxed that make me until a Hospice patient that I had last year (Mrs. Cambre) started me back on the habit. I loved my "tea parties" with her so much that I actually started it up again on my own and have tea before my runs instead of coffee now!! It is what the Kenyans drink as well ya know!!!!

kirsten said...

I like peppermint, sleepy time, plain ol' green tea and anything with ginger in it. no sugar or milk for me. I love tea...warms me right up.