Friday, March 27, 2009

Non-running updates

Sorry for all of the long boring posts! Here are some non-running updates.

My handy husband tuned up the lawnmower and got it working on the first pull this past weekend. While he mowed the front lawn, I reorganized the garage to make it possible for him to park his truck inside now.

We got the weedeater/edger working only to have it die after a couple of minutes. No biggie...we went to Lowes and got a sweet super-powerful electric edger that I can use much easier than our old gas model. Yup, I edged the front yard and flower beds. I'm handy, too.

Chad also opened our new leaf blower and made good use of it clearing our decks of the multitude of live oak leaves and cleaning up our driveway after I edged.

I cooked a yummy dinner on Wednesday night that was supposed to be for my dad and Rose. As it turned out, the hailstorm kept them from making the drive to our house, so we were able to share it with Chad's mom (who lives in the neighborhood). I got all of the recipes except one from epicurious.com (which Karen introduced me to), and I think they were a hit. I would make any of them again. The recipes are great when followed exactly. Sorry no pics...we ate it all too quickly.

Mixed Greens with Tangerine and Fennel
Salmon with Sesame and Orange-Ginger Relish
Lemon-Scented Quinoa
Ginger Ice Cream

No comments: