Tuesday, April 06, 2010

the past few years

Man, time sure does fly when you're having fun! Here we are in 2010 and I have taken a moment to look back at the past five years. So much can change in a short period of time.

2010 - Chad and I spent our first Easter together in Austin after traveling for four years in a row. We are expecting our first child. Neither one of us is training for a specific race right now. Chad now owns his own construction business and we both work out of the house.

2009 - We went to the Masters this weekend in April 2008 and Chad got to meet a bunch of my extended family. I was completing my first training season with Team Rogue and had just started tapering for Nashville. We were also now living in our first house together.

2008 - Chad and I had just gotten back from our honeymoon and he moved into my condo in South Austin. We would register for St. George again this April and I would train with Mac over the summer. Chad qualified for and ran Boston 2008, despite our wedding and honeymoon getting in the way of his training.

2007 - Visiting Tara in NYC this time in April. Chad had not yet proposed. He had not yet qualified for Boston, so we opted to not go that year even though I could have technically run it. I was running with Mac's PR for the 5k/10k group at the time, and we were planning to sign up for Ruth's BQ group for the fall marathon training. We registered to go to St. George again. I had quit teaching and started my current job in January of 2007.

2006 - Tapering for Boston. I had one of my best groups of students that year in school. I had been dating Chad for about 8 months.

2005 - just entered the lottery for St. George. I was running in the PR for 5k/10k group that spring and was planning to do the fall marathon training. Note: I was two months away from meeting Chad.

No comments: