Friday, April 02, 2010

Exercise!!

Guess what? In the past week, I have exercised five days! This is the most exercise I have done in a long time. You should be very proud of me. What did I do, you ask?

Sat - Prenatal Yoga (1 hr 15 min)
Sun - really long hike (2hr 42 min)
Tues - walk 1:30/run 1:00 (3 miles)
Wed - easy walk (2.4 miles)
Thurs - moderate paced walk on TLT (55 min - probably 3.5-3.7 miles)

It doesn't look like much, but it is something. Distance is distance, and I did at least 14 miles this week in 4 days. That is more than a lot of people in our city do each week for fitness, plus I did yoga. Time doesn't matter. I can assure you that I'm breathing moderately hard within my limits and the pressure of the bump on my bladder is part of the slowness factor.

I'm also excited about the new shorts and capri pants I received in the mail. See, very few of my running shorts fit over my huge ass. I may look somewhat proportioned in my maternity clothes, but when you see me trying to fit into my regular clothes, you can tell how much my body has changed. Running shorts and pants just don't fit the same anymore, even with elastic waistbands. Those that have a waistband that I can still fit into and manipulate hit my belly right in the middle and compress the bump in a not-so-flattering way so that I have to do the 'roll-down'. The roll-down then hits so low on my widened hip area such that I have a huge muffin top from behind. That and the seat of the shorts/pants is stretched to the fullest. Oh, and I forgot to mention that my 'maternal storage' in the thigh area has gotten large enough so that my thighs now permanently rub together and cause riding up of the shorts in the crotch area. It is not pretty, folks.

Anyhoo, I found some awesome maternity workout shorts and capris that do not cut into my bump or back fat, nor do they ride up in the middle. They are a sturdy material and worth the money that I spent for 4 1/2 more months of feeling good about myself. If they make working out that much more bearable, I figured it was worth it to get a couple pairs.

If you see me out and about working out, tell me my body looks good and to keep up the good work. I need all of the encouragement I can get. (oh and Nedra and Dionn...your comments on FB last Saturday were wonderful for my self-esteem and I didn't say Thank You!!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay, for exercise!
I bet you look fantastic out there!!!