Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resolutions

I don't really like resolutions, per se, but at this time of year, I like the idea of refocusing energy on making life better and bringing peace into your life. So, if you want to call them resolutions, go ahead. There are some things that I would like to state that I'd like to improve, make a priority, create as goals, whatever.
  • I'd like to learn to love my body - the parts that work and the parts that don't. I'd like to do a better job treating my body better by not pounding it down to the point that it is injured. I need to feed it the best food possible. It needs to be worked out in new ways. My body deserves to be appreciated for what it is when I look into the mirror instead of criticized.
  • I need to learn the fine balance of sticking up for myself, saying no to things, being honest even when it is not what someone else wants to hear - and lose the fear of conflict, guilt that comes with doing these things. I feel like I know who I am on the inside, but if I stick up for my opinions and beliefs around people who disagree, that I might create conflict. I need to just get over it.
  • I consciously try to do this anyway, but I want the people that I care about to know how much they mean to me.
  • Money goals? We are pretty good with our money already, but perhaps it is a good year to try to pare back the items that are 'wants' and cut back on some of the frivolous spending. I probably could do better shopping around, looking for and waiting for a deal. We don't always have to buy the cheapest item, but it wouldn't hurt to try to buy most things on sale.
  • Living cleaner - aside from keeping a cleaner house, it would be great to make more of an effort to conserve energy. I'm the person who is home all day long...I shouldn't leave unnecessary lights on, I can bundle up when I'm cold or use other heating methods rather than run the furnace. I also would like to do better with the cleaning chemicals. I need to find a better balance between what cleans well and what is good for the environment.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Happy New Year Sadie!!
Regarding cleaning chemicals, I found this great company called Eco-Me, http://www.eco-me.com/
The starter pac has all the tools you need to start making your own chemical-free cleaning products.
Basically vinegar, olive oil and baking soda.
I have been doing this for just over a year now and love the chemical free environment as well as the cost savings!

http://www.eco-me.com/CatalogueRetrieve.aspx?CatalogueID=61605

meredith said...

These are great! At yoga they have been calling them intentions because resolutions are so "resolute!" You have some wonderful intentions for the new year :)