Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Name Change Issues



It has been almost two years since Chad and I were married and I'm still having issues getting my name correctly changed over on all of my cards. There is an ongoing saga with Aetna and me regarding my middle initial, which should be 'B'. Every time they send me a new card, it says Sadie S, and I get irritated and have to call them to change it to Sadie B. It may not seem like a big deal, but I can't let a detail like that just sit in error. I get so pissed off every time I see paperwork or a card from them with the wrong initial. I have called at least twice in the past to get it changed, and still keep getting paperwork with the incorrect middle letter.

--You know like that little dog that seems so sweet until it sees a ball?? The dog turns psycho crazy and goes berserk?? A frisbee is nothing to the dog, but the ball makes it bonkers?? I am that dog when it comes to this issue.--

So, I recently got my new Aetna card and damn it if it didn't say Sadie S again!! I was so pissed, I had to just put it away and not look at it for a few days so that I wouldn't be the angry psycho woman on the phone. Really, I had myself all worked up over it yet again. It was a good thing that I didn't call Aetna immediately because last night I got my new prescription card (used to have prescription coverage with Aetna, but my company changed to CVS Caremark).

Whaddya know? My new prescription cards are for Sadie S as well! Damn it! Rage! The little dog in me goes berserk!!! Ball!!! Ball!!!! I cuss and pitch a little fit and then have a moment of clarity...Aetna and Caremark are not the problem. My employer is the problem!

Today, now that I'm back to feeling like the calm, sweet puppy, I call up HR and politely ask the man to please check my middle initial to confirm that it is correct. Sure enough, his system says I am Sadie S and he very easily makes all of the necessary changes to make sure I am now Sadie B in all areas where it might affect my paperwork. Whew! I no longer have to feel like that little crazy yapping dog all riled up over nothing!

2 comments:

Mark said...

"Whew! I no longer have to feel like that little crazy yapping dog all riled up over nothing!"
Until your new cards arrive, you mean? He works in Service, he did what he had to to placate you, he knows odds are against him ever fielding your phone call in the future. Those keyboard clicks you heard at the other end of the line while he was "checking" and "changing"? That was him playing Super Mario Brothers> :(

meredith said...

This is awesome! I am 5 years married with only half of my cards changed for this VERY reason. I found I could only be frustrated by one company at a time every few months. I only got my DL changed when they changed the law that your airline ticket name had to match your last name on your license. funny, funny!