Thursday, January 15, 2009

Freaking Animal!

I'm so pumped! Today has been one of the best days of running in a long time.

In the last 7 days (counting last Friday-today) I have run 77.75 miles. Hell yeah! And I finished it with a run this afternoon at 8:33 pace. Holy cow. I wasn't trying to go fast, I just ran strong when my body felt like running strong. I took it easy when my body felt like running easy.

77.75 - New PR weekly mileage I am track to finish Sunday with 80. Best of all, I get a rest day tomorrow and get to sleep until 7am. Holla!

I'm bound for a downturn at some point (like next week when I have to run 50 miles on a treadmill), but for now I'll take the good as it comes.

1 comment:

MW said...

hey Animal,
You just wait until the 20+ milers starting adding up.
You just wait!
And I can't wait to read how you respond to having 10-15 20+milers on Saturdays.
: )

It's a LOT of running what we're but it all pays off in the end!
Enjoy Mexico!
(I was thinking... you should download some books on tape for next weeks treadmilling)