Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cedar Hell

I'm officially allergic to cedar. It has been a suspicion of mine for the last few years that my runny nose and itchy throat this time of year has been attributed to the cedar pollen that graces us with its presence. This year in particular has been the worst of it.

They ought to not even bother with those allergy forecasts. They should just call me and ask how I feel...I feel like cedar pollen is in the 'VH - Very High' category, thank you very much. My eyes are burning and puffy. My throat itches. My nose is constantly running and dripping in the back of my throat. I'm exhausted.

One lesson that I learned on Sunday - Don't try to take Zyrtec-D and try to run 9 miles. You'll end up getting dizzy and want to die. For next year I'm thinking about getting a mask to wear on all of my runs. This year I'll just settle for leaving the country. I'm going to be in Puerto Vallarta for work in about 6 hours.

Farewell cedar! You better be gone when I get back home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cedar Sux!!! I really want to detach my nose from my face at this time of year, maybe then I could get some sleep;-)

Enjoy your time in PV and away from the cedar!

Julia said...

I am with you Sadie! I have requested a cedar annihilation from the gov... we will see how that goes...

I did Zyrtec (for the first time) at the Bandera race. Yes...bad idea!!! Dan Aja suggested Nasalcrom. It is over the counter and seems to be helping me. Maybe for you too??

Have fun in Puerto Vallarta!!

Anonymous said...

I hope the allergies are better...I miss "SINGLE LADIES"!!

kirsten said...

I find Zyrtec and Sudafed (essentially Zyrtec D) rather a satisfactory combo. I have periodic occurances of allergies so bad I can barely stand it. What causes it I have no idea. I guess you just need to experiment w different drug combos to find out what works best.