Friday, January 30, 2009

Addressing Another Item

I haven't really posted much about my goals for this spring because I don't want people trying to peg me to any kind of time or other status based on my running. I don't really have a goal for Nashville. My goal is the day to day.

I'm just trying to get into the best running shape I've ever been in. I'm testing my body. I want to see how far it will take me before I start breaking down. I'm testing my thyroid meds. I'm testing my MGP. I'm testing my overall endurance. I'm testing my metabolism.

There is no goal tied to Nashville other than it is a semi-flat marathon that I'm going to use to run the best race I can. I will likely run it with a watch, but I may not. I don't care what my MGP is this season...3:30 pace, 3:20 pace, whatever. I want to run without limits on what I'm capable of.

1 comment:

kirsten said...

Good explanation of YOUR goals Sadie - go for it but be careful. Don't want to see you injured. I suspect your limits are pretty darn high from what I've seen you do.