Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sidelined - hopefully just temporary

I can't run.
It hurts.
Bad.
Like I can't run more than 10 steps without excruciating pain bad.

My glute area has hurt since last Tuesday, and I have been resting to try to get it to subside. No such luck.

I went to see Dr. Spears today. He suspects I have sacroiliac joint dysfunction. This means physical therapy on Monday and me becoming good friends with the elliptical machine at the gym.

I have already had several pouty moments and one where I cried a little.

4 comments:

dr mel said...

Oh, NO, Sadie! I hate to hear this for you. You are entitled to as many pouty moments as you need. I truly hope this is temporary and you get back on track quickly for your PR at St. George. Please keep me posted!!!!!!

MW said...

I'm sorry to read this.
That sucks big time.

I had a pain in my glute but turned out some A.R.T. fixed it. I did have a screwed up hip that required PT, but didn't lose my fitness in the 3 weeks.

I hope for the best!

JohnF said...

I am sure Dr. Spears and his PT'scan get you back. I had an incident after Pikes 2005 so bad they warned I might not be able to get back to distance running, but a bunch of their PT sessions I got back. That was 5 marathons ago.

Sadie J said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I will try to stay motivated while at the gym and hope for the best.