Friday, August 24, 2007

Sadie vs. Elliptical Trainer - Episode 2

Episode 2: My friend Todd

So, today I visited the William Cannon 24hour fitness for my second elliptical session. I was excited today because Todd was all charged up, and I knew I could finish an hour because I did it on Wednesday. What a great surprise it was to find that over half of the ellipticals at William Cannon have their own TVs! I found an empty machine and spent the first 5 minutes pedaling finding a channel and getting my setup just perfect. I figured if I got bored with the TV, then I could just switch to Todd and be all set.

Lemme tell you that '10 years younger' on TLC is not a good elliptical show. Especially if you have already seen tons of that program and are familiar with the format. I was bored after the first commercial. So, I unplugged my headphones and started up the toddPod.

The workout went by pretty fast. I was supposed to mimic the 20/20/20 tempo run that everyone did yesterday. I did 20 minutes pretty easy with a 5 resistance, then bumped it up to 12 resistance for 20 minutes, and then back to 5 for the last 20. I also had set it to one of the crosstraining workouts to get some variety in the elevation.

I never realized how many songs out there are no good for running, but excellent for the elliptical. The idea of getting to make a brand new playlist is very exciting and I will probably spend the remainder of the afternoon working on it.

I'll post the playlist once it is finalized.

1 comment:

dr mel said...

I agree - lots of good songs for elliptical or Stairmaster (which I LOVE). Get Todd loaded up and charged for tomorrow! :)