Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Chicago - August 2007

This weekend, Chad and I visited my friends Erin and Mike in Chicago. What a great city! Erin was my closest friend in high school and college and I have known her husband, Mike, since I was 11. It was great to get to introduce Chad to them and let them get to know him before the wedding.

It was a rainy weekend in Chicago, but we still were able to get out and see many parts of the city. We explored the neighborhoods of Forest Park, Oak Park and Bucktown. We went through Wrigleyville and part of Lincoln Park. One of the highlights of the trip was getting to see Mike's office at EA, where he works. He works on the 'environments' in the games and was able to show us some of the things that he had done and what he is working on. I thought it was so cool getting to see the progress on the new Marvel game that is scheduled to come out. We had a great time in the EA building.


We saw the Magnificent Mile in the rain and shared some famous popcorn, though I can't remember the brand. Millenium Park was neat to see and we took lots of pictures at the 'Bean' and at the fountain with the faces on it. We ended our trip with a visit to the Shedd Aquarium. It was the first time that Chad had ever been to an aquarium, and I think he had a good time.

Our pictures are here, if you are interested.

1 comment:

dr mel said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Thanks for sharing your pictures. It's so different to see you in "real" clothes! :)