Friday, March 09, 2007

Up and at 'em again

Well, I got my blog started again. I have more time now that my job has changed and I am in front of a computer most of the day. I am going to try to start blogging again, but no promises.

I started training this week for the upcoming 5k and 10k season here in Austin. Am I looking forward to getting faster? Yes! Is it going to take a ton of work? Yes! I have been feeling good out there, so hopefully I will build some strength going into the summer. I need to lose some weight to get faster, too. At St.George last year and at Boston last year I weighed 137 pounds. Right now I am at 148-150. I do feel kind of sluggish, and I have been working hard at eating better.

Tomorrow, all Rogues in my training program are supposed to race the 'Go for the Gold' 10k. It is supposed to be a benchmark to see where we stand starting the training season. I am not looking forward to it. I have run the course before and it is kind of brutal. Hilly. Oh well, I'll suck it up.

Well, I am off for the evening to go see my new baby niece being born. I am so excited to be an aunt! Hopefully she will be born at a decent hour so that I can get some rest for the race.

Until our next run..

No comments: