Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Schrup 13 miler

St. Patty's Day-
My first attempt at anything over 10 miles since December went pretty well. I started off with some of the faster members of my group because they were running nice and easy. At the Mopac bridge, however, I needed to pee, so I broke off and went to the tennis court bathrooms. I was having spotty vision in my right eye, my hand felt like it was collecting fluid in my fingers, and when I sat down to go pee, my body felt very jittery and spasmed a little. I am sure that it was not a normal thing, probably having something to do with blood sugar, so I kept running.

The run was rolling hills, so I joined up with John in our training group at about mile 5. We kept a decent pace the rest of the way and enjoyed good conversation. I am glad he is in our training group.

No comments: