Friday, March 30, 2007

Month's end tomorrow - A reflection

Tomorrow marks the end of a full month of 5k/10k training. Since I declared myself to be in training again, I have struggled with muscle soreness, sluggishness, a slower pace than I am used to, but all was not a battle.

I have reawakened my drive to run. I have smiled during workouts. I smile during midweek runs. I ran in the rain and didn't care. The treadmill was not the dreadmill...I found pleasure in kicking butt at the gym.

Total miles this month will be 145.7, as much as last year in January before Boston. As much as June before Pikes Peak. The bonus? I don't feel tired. I am not achy any more. I am motivated to train this summer.

I have mentally started preparing for the upcoming training season and I am almost giddy about what I want to do. I will have to post it later because it is a tall order. Mostly I am letting it brew in my body until the time comes to put in the miles.

Way to go me. Good March.

No comments: