Monday, March 12, 2007

Moe's

Chad ran Moe's Better Half Marathon yesterday. I spectated, which involved running out onto the course(a lollipop shape - out, loop, back). I ran out the country roads to mile 3, waited for the 150 or so runners to go by and then ran back around the other way to get to mile 10.5. Many of the runners were wearing headphones, so my cheering probably didn't mean much. I don't blame them, though. Most of them were alone on country roads for a couple of hours, so a little music motivation probably was a help to many. Chad ran well - 1:32:02. This 3 weeks after running the Austin Marathon. He placed 11th overall and 2nd in his age group. Our friend Duane was 2nd overall and 1st in their age group. Way to go guys!

My running was just those easy miles out on the course. I got in about 5 1/2 miles at about a 9:30 pace. After the Go for the Gold 10k on Saturday, my legs were a little more sore than I would have liked.

Tonight we have a speed workout with Mac. I hope my hamstrings and hip flexors cooperate.

No comments: