Monday, March 26, 2007

My Current Running Short Reviews

I don't know if it is the size of my thighs, or what, but I am really struggling with running shorts. Actually, I have always struggled with them. I chafe. I get ugly sweat circles. They cut into my waist to create an extra set of love handles. They ride up in the crotch. The front of each leg flips up. I have witnessed all of these issues on other women, and I have to tell you it is not a pretty sight! Why me?

Nike Tempo Track shorts
I originally bought them because there were 2 girls in my training group who always looked cute in them. However, they were like a size 2 or 4. My size 8 butt bought a pair of mediums and ran on.

3 years later, I actually kind of like them, but would like to improve some things:
  • I like the original styling. About a year ago, Nike restyled the Tempo Track short, and I thought it made womens' thighs and butts look huge. I still own many pairs of the thunderthigh shorts, but only because I still have hope that I can look like those size 2 girls.
  • I would like to reduce the chafing that occurs in these shorts. I get waistband, crotch, and hip chafing where the tag is. Ugh! Again, maybe it is just my size. Other women I know do not complain of this.
  • Tempo track shorts should have more black varieties. I have the black-white pair and the black-white-red pair, but I would also like other solid black shorts with other color trim.

Hind PE Shorts

Now, I must say that these shorts look really cute on when they are dry. They are super light, cut well, and I thought these shorts were going to be my new favorites.

I was wrong. They ride up in the crotch like nobody's business. They also are so lightweight that once you are in a full sweat, they cling to every part of your butt and then continue to ride up.

So, my search for a good running short continues. I don't want to go to spandex, but I might have to with all of the riding up in the crotch issues that keep happening.

No comments: