Monday, January 28, 2008

Like getting a Prius...

I ran across this article today while reading my obligatory 'blog check' this morning. What I like about this article is that it is written by a guy who is not a vegetarian and that it is in the New York Times. The environmental argument for reducing meat consumption is just as strong as the argument for animal rights. I'm glad there is someone out there who is helping bring this information out into the mainstream conversation.

Go ahead, click on it. It is a short read and there aren't any gross descriptions of animal cruelty.

(eh-hem...Stepping up on my soapbox) - I really wish that people could start demanding smaller portions of meat. Can you imagine the intestines of someone who has eaten scrambled eggs and sausage biscuit for breakfast, a chicken sandwich for lunch, and beef fajitas for dinner? Ewww....That's not even as bad as the Denver omelette for breakfast (with ham), Chili's baby back ribs for lunch, and a 12oz steak at dinner. Seriously, there are starving people in the world and we eat meat at almost every meal. Feed a person some grains, not a cow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK...I'm doing my part. I had peanut butter and tomato soup today.