Saturday, January 26, 2008

Isla de Mujeres



Okay, the trip is not all about work. I joined the team Thursday for the 'fun day' on a trip to Isla de Mujeres. We boarded a large catamaran and 'sailed' for an hour or so to the Isla de Mujeres, a small island very near Cancun. I think they put the sail up for show, but really just ran the motor as it was not windy at all. We stopped on the way to the island for some snorkeling in a National Park. I am pretty picky about when I will get in the salt water, but when the alternative is staying on a boat that is rocking, I'll take the snorkeling anyday. Fortunately, I had taken Dramamine the night before and my motion sickness did not kick in at all.

So, I braved the nasty salt water for some time floating in the warm waters near Cancun. The fish were nice, but when you have snorkeled in Hawaii, it is hard to compare. I had a good time.

After reaching the Isla de Mujeres, our group spent the afternoon relaxing at the beach, playing volleyball, jet skiing in the ocean and enjoying an open bar. I spent most of the day under an umbrella looking at the ocean as you can see in my picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there too! It's been FREEZING here in Chicago! We were only allowed to take the kids outside for recess when it finally reached 12 degrees on Friday!