Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Viva Mexico!

So, right now I am missing the cold week in Austin...I'm in Cancun, Mexico. No, I'm not having fun yet...I'm working. The rest of the group is checking in today and I am manning the welcome desk making sure they all get their welcome bag.


I have been practicing my Spanish with a few of the employees here. The lady in the business center and the teppanyaki chef in the buffet have been the most helpful with my practice.

Last night I took advantage of the gigantic whirlpool tub. At this resort, the tub is smack dab in the main part of the hotel room, right in front of the sliding door to the balcony. It is literally 2 feet from the beds. Apparently it is perfect for couples who come here for a romantic weekend.

Anyhow, the tub comes with instructions on how to fill and it says specifically to make sure the water level is 2 inches above the top jet. I read this, really. After about 30 minutes of filling the tub, I grew impatient and noticed that the water was just under the top jet. Well, so I took a chance and pressed the red button. Immediately water started spraying all over the room. I guess I thought it was just going to be air jets. How wrong I was!

Water got on the curtains, covered the entire bedroom floor, sprayed some on both beds...What a disaster! I frantically shut of the jets and laughed out loud alone in my room. So, that was it for bath time. I spent the next 15 minutes mopping up the room, trying to save at least one dry towel for my body instead of the floor.

Sometimes following directions are safe...sometimes not following directions can be fun.

No comments: