Tuesday, November 20, 2007

wha, wha, what?

Yesterday I had the pleasure of escaping the office and going shopping with my friend (and bridesmaid) Tara. She and Wade moved to NYC just over a year ago, and are in town for Thanskgiving with their families.

Tara and I met up at Ann Taylor at the Arboretum and tried on the bridesmaid dress that I picked out. It was so fun getting to try them on with her, and I found myself bouncing around the dressing room with excitement that finally there was a girl out shopping with me and wearing the same dress!

After Ann Taylor, we headed over to the Domain to walk around and scan some things at Macy's for the registry. Tara was a trooper in Macy's and said that she was having fun. I hope that she didn't say that just to make me feel good.

During our trip around the shops at the Domain, we went into the BCBG boutique and found some really cute things. However, upon closer inspection at the sizing labels, I found the most disturbing label...XXS! Wha, wha, what? XXS? really? is that necessary? When they have a size 0, that is insulting. The 00 size is even more ridiculous. I had never discovered the XXS before, so maybe I am shopping at stores that actually have sizes in the range of the bell curve that is America. Apparently really little women only buy designer clothing, because I have never seen the XXS at the stores that I shop at. (and, no, I don't shop at WalMart!)

I know they are trying to make these skinny women feel good about being small, but gimme a break!!

No comments: