Monday, November 19, 2007

Typo - I found it!!!!

I admit that I am not the best writer, nor do I have proper grammar or spelling at all times. That being said, I am the person at my company who often receives notices from our clients and the public if there is a typo on our website or published written materials. It is my responsibility to handle the information and forward it to the right person to get it corrected within our documents.

I found a typo on a major company's website this morning!!!!

On the Macy's/Wedding Channel registry website (we are probably registering there), there is a typo on this page. Underneath the red box that lets you sign up, it reads 'You can also call 1-888-989-9333 or visit and in-store Registry Consultant to enroll in Registry Star Rewards.'

Ummm...did they mean 'an'? How fun! I caught it!

I did send a message to their 'Contact Us' form informing them of the typo. There is someone else out there in the world who, right now as you read this, is performing my job of informing their webmaster of the mistake. Though it is certainly not a deep issue or really all that important, I am tickled that this situation has come full circle.

3 comments:

Shorey said...

I used to edit law/economics review journals and have an eagle-eye for that sorta thing. I am always finding typos in books I read, software programs, and on websites. You and I must come from the same place...

Anonymous said...

Where did that gene come from???

MW said...

There is not one menu in Austin, or other cities for that matter, that haven't gone through my typo review.
The most common word is Avocado ->
Avacado.
I'd say 60% of menus have a spehlling mistakes, but if you remove chain restaurants, that number shoots up to about 70.