Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pacer

I found out this weekend that there was an opening for a pacer for the AT&T Austin Marathon. Now, I have been a pacer for the marathon in 2006, but it was for the 4:15 group. The opening this year is for the 5:00 group. Not that there is anything wrong with running a marathon in 5:00, but it will be interesting for me to run at that pace. I guess there will be a lot of run/walking through the hills and waterstops.

The good thing about pacing is that I will be running with my friend Jennifer Limbaugh. She and I have run together on various runs throughout the past few years, and we should have a great time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! That's a pace I can keep up with and enjoy! Katie Holmes couldn't go that fast.

MW said...

Is it not a concern for injury to run at a vastly slower pace for that long?

Sadie J said...

Normally, yes, but my easy pace right now is about a 10:30 mile, so I am not worried about it.

Plus, the next race that I am training for is next October.