Monday, November 12, 2007

Weekend Review

This weekend was quite busy!

On Friday night I represented my company at an open house for a new local office of an organization that I am not going to list on my blog. (I am keeping my work life separate from this blog.) The open house was nice...there was catering from Whole Foods Catering Department, so there were veggie options for me to eat. Whole Foods also selected the wine/beer list, so it was great to see that they had all Texas choices. Alamosa Wine Cellars' Viognier was selected for one of the white wines.

After the open house, Chad and I met at the Westgate Hyde Park Bar and Grill. Before my stomach virus on my birthday, I had eaten at HPB&G. I usually am wary of food or restaurants that I suspect may have caused stomach problems, but after I was sure that it was a 'bug' and not food poisoning, I decided to take the plunge and eat at HPB&G. Chad and I eat here pretty regularly, so I would have been sad to take it out of our regular lineup.

On Saturday morning we woke up early and met the Boston group for their first long run. I am going to be joining them for workouts on Tuesdays and Saturdays while I am trying to get back in shape. The group was doing 10 miles (4-5 miles for the racers on Sunday), so I went out with them to try to do the 7 mile loop. There were several familiar faces and it was nice to run with Linda from last fall. She had been recovering from major ankle surgery in January, so her pace was close to mine. We were definitely slower than the group, but we enjoyed ourselves during the 7 miles. I am pleased to announce that I made it the whole 7 miles, but it was a struggle aerobically.

Saturday afternoon we traveled to Kerrville for my cousin Crystal's wedding. Chad and I drove my dad and had a nice drive in the Hill Country. The wedding ceremony and reception were really nice, and I am impressed that Crystal did the majority of it herself. I had prepped Chad that the Catholic ceremony would probably be long and in Spanish. I think he was able to handle the time with all of the different customs and the distractions of the babies that were there. My 8-month-old niece, Avery, was sitting in our pew, so we were distracted some of the time watching her and her cute antics.

The reception was across the street, so we walked over for dinner, dancing, and cake. Our first dancing experience was interesting...we are really going to have to practice together.

Sunday morning was the EAS Run for the Water. (We drove home from Kerrville on Saturday evening and got home about 9:30.) Chad was going to run the race and I opted to spectate. The problem was I forgot to pack my running shoes! I was going to run out a few miles and be at a place where I could be on the course. Oh well! I opted to be at the start/finish line and had fun cheering on the racers with Carolyn.

After the race, Chad and I spent the day doing miscellaneous things. We went to my mom's house to jump her battery, then to Zuzu's for lunch. We weaved our way up Shoal Creek and looked at the houses in that area on our way to Benold's to check their business hours. We also scouted out Arthur Murray Dance Studio, where we will be taking our dance lessons. We scouted Marquee Rentals to see if their showroom was open or when their business hours were...they were closed on Sundays. Next, we went to Floor & Decor to get a better idea of flooring options for Chad's living room. On to Bed, Bath & Beyond for some registry scanning. We went by Ann Taylor to see if their new occasions line has hit the store (bridesmaid dresses)...they had not. We continued house hunting in Balcones Woods/Duval/Oak Forest/Great Hills areas and found some neat places. It was nice to see what was available in our price range.

The weekend was exhausting, but seemed to be good for the wedding planning.

No comments: