Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dancing with the groom...

Chad and I went to our first dance lesson together in preparation for the wedding. Lemme say that Chad is a trooper and I totally appreciate that he is willing to go to lessons.


We had a private lesson at Arthur Murray Dance School and our instructors name was Quan. The lesson was definitely beginner, but we learned the basic step for foxtrot, two-step, tango, waltz, and rhumba. When I was in college (almost 10 years ago) I took a ballroom 101 class, so I was totally familiar with all of the steps other than the rhumba. It was nice to get to practice them with Chad as he was learning them.


Chad did know the basic for two-step before we went, so he picked up the foxtrot, tango, and rhumba well. Waltzing is much more complicated once you get going, and we have yet to move out of the 'box'.

Dancing is something that I love to do when it is a partner dance, but I hate to get my groove thang on in the middle of the floor on my own. I hope Chad is able to someday feel so good about dancing that he won't mind if I want us to go out every once in a while and cut a rug.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for your wedding reception!

Daryl & Diana said...

Wow, dancing lessons! This is going to be one serious wedding. I can't wait! Do you think I could talk Daryl into dancing lessons for your wedding too?

MW said...

wow! he's more man than most of us.
Dancing with the stars... here we come!
; )