Saturday, October 06, 2007

PRs and Boston bound!

Yay!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!

Chad qualified for Boston today with a time of 3:06:18. At the mile 26 mile marker he was smiling and pumping his arms in the air signaling that he was going to make it! I was screaming and yelling on the side of the road, of course. It was such a great moment! I found him at the runners finish area and gave him a big hug. He was so sweaty and stinky, but neither of us really cared. It was such a fantastic feeling knowing that he had finally made his goal. I have witnessed the aftermath of 4 legitimate attempts at a BQ time, and this 5th time must have been the charm. Chad has worked so hard for this moment, and I'm so thrilled to be here with him!

Charles and Bruce also saw success today with PRs of 3:20 and 3:27. They both qualified for Boston in their age groups as well.


Time to celebrate!!!!!

2 comments:

dr mel said...

Fantastic news!!!!!! I've been anxiously checking your blog for the update all morning. Tell him that Kurt and I said a big congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has definitely earned it. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Daryl & Diana said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited for both of you, but especially Chad.

-Diana