Monday, October 29, 2007

Birthday Wrap up

So, I have a great fiancee, great family, and great friends. As miserable as the weekend was, everyone really tried to lift my spirits and take care of me, and I really appreciate that.

Also, I have some recommendations for stomach-related issues...
  • Pepto Bismol is good, but buy the caplets if you can.
  • Imodium is great, take it one caplet at a time.
  • Don't drink too many fluids until you are sure that your stomach will process them.
  • Pedialyte (for babies and toddlers) is so yummy! You should try it in place of Gatorade.
  • Popsicles are a great treat when your tummy is sore...they are not only for sore throats and tonsil removals.
  • Saltine crackers are good, but saltine crackers with a tiny bit of peanut butter is even better.
  • Instead of Sprite, try Izze (carbonated juice) in the Clementine flavor. The bubbles are smaller and I held it down better.

I get a do-over on a couple of dinners, so that will be fun if I ever feel like eating again.

An unexpected plus (if you want to call it that) of this weekend is that I am coming out of it a few pounds lighter instead of a few pounds on the heavy side. That 'not eating' thing does a number on you. I guess food poisoning keeps you from wanting to overindulge.

1 comment:

MW said...

I had already drummed up my "sorry i missed the park party" excuse about tailgating and 20 milers, but now, i'm sad you missed it too.

I hope you feel better quickly.

Oh, and by the way, happy birthday!
; )