Monday, October 29, 2007

My 30th Birthday Weekend - Part 3

Sunday morning -

I felt a lot better, but I was still very weak and not able to ingest much.

Chad took me to get a bagel. It was the only thing that sounded good. I managed to eat the bagel, but then had some trouble with my system all day. My stomach would not stop hurting. I felt like I had heartburn and gas all day. I was dizzy and tired.

There were waves when I would feel pretty alert and good to go, so we tried to make an outing at lunch with my mom. We went over to her condo to open birthday presents and then tried to eat at Galaxy Cafe for lunch. They both ordered burgers, and I ordered french toast. I knew it came with strawberries and bananas, which both sounded appetizing, and I thought I could put down a couple of bites of the toast itself. Not so much. I did manage to eat most of the fruit, but had a really hard time eating the bread.

I felt so sick again. No barfing at all, but my stomach hurt like nobody's business and I was very cranky the rest of the day. It was back to the couch for an afternoon of DVR watching and then back to my house.

Birthday day 2 - better than barfing all day, but still not as fun as it should have been.

No comments: