Monday, October 29, 2007

My 30th Birthday Weekend - Part 2

So, the birthday party went on without me. It seemed to go pretty well otherwise.

Karen, Chad's mom, called me and brought me a bunch of medicine from the drug store. I took some Imodium and let that kick in. She also brought me some peppermints and some Dramamine to help with the dizziness and nausea. I had never heard of that for anything other than motion sickness, but the pharmacist recommended it. I didn't take one right away because I didn't want to have too many drugs in my belly at that time. I could have barfed them right up.

Chad came back to the house and we made the decision to sell the Nebraska tickets. Chad went down to the game at around 1:00pm, while my mom stayed with me. Unfortunately, there were not many people who were wanting to buy tickets. I guess Nebraska's losing streak had lessened the demand for tickets, and even the scalpers were not getting much for them. I think Chad sold them for $20 each, but at least it was something rather than letting them sit in the car.

He came home to be with me (at this point I hadn't vomited since 9:45am), and we spent the afternoon in the living room...I was on the couch. I decided to go ahead and take a Dramamine at about 3:30, and that pretty much knocked me out the rest of the day. I slept on and off until it was officially bedtime at the end of the World Series game. I took another Dramamine and slept hard all night.

Saturday ended. I officially turned 30. What a disaster of a birthday!

No comments: