Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Putting it out there...

So, it is time to announce my goals for the upcoming season. I have started running regularly again. I have visited a nutritionist. I am meeting with Ruth (my coach for the new season) today to discuss my goals.

I am going to run a sub 3:30 marathon. That is my main goal. I can do this at either St. George or Chicago. If it is my 'A' day, or if St.George is as fast as it was for me last time, I would like to run as far under 3:30 as possible. I would love to run 3:25. I ran 3:37:21 at Boston last year. I am ready to train.

I want to run maximum miles this summer. I would love to peak again at 70mpw or higher. I plan to continue to lift at the gym. I plan to continue swimming to crosstrain.

I am also going to lose weight to be able to do this. I currently weigh about 150. My normal race weight is 137, but usually that is the end product of rigorous training without any attention to eating properly. I plan to weigh 130 or less by mid summer and maintain that through the race. If possible, I would like to race at 125. My nutritionist has outlined an eating plan (not a diet) to help me acheive this goal. I will stick to the plan.

So, it is out there. I will do it.

No comments: