Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Making Progress

It has almost been a week since I visited the nutritionist. I have been trying to follow the 'ideal' plan as she outlined for me. For the most part, I did a perfect job. I was awesome through Saturday. I had my one meal splurge that I am allowed per week (French toast from Galaxy Cafe on Saturday at lunch). Sunday started well, but then I faltered late in the afternoon. I am not really divulging what I ate, but it was not part of the program.

Yesterday (Monday), I did well, but then somehow got into my head that whole wheat tortillas had to be eaten immediately. I ate 3 or 4 of them. Ugh...they were good. I think I needed some water and some fruit instead. I was probably dehydrated and looking for some immediate carbs. These first few weeks are supposed to be a time where I pay attention to how I feel after eating food, and apparently my lunch did not cut it and left me hungry.

The good news...I must have needed the carbs for my 10 mile run that afternoon. I ran well. I held an 8:54 overall pace, which is pretty darn good for a moderate pace run.

No comments: