Thursday, May 28, 2009

Update

So things have been kind of quiet with me lately.  Here's what is going on...
  • I'm back running with Team Rogue again.  Even though I have signed up for the evening group, it looks like I might have to switch back to the mornings to have folks to regularly run with.
  • I'm somewhere in the middle of my mileage build up...45-50 miles this week.  I'm loosely following the schedule right now so that I can still enjoy the freedom of the rest of my life.  If the schedule says 8 and I do 9, then awesome.  If it says 8 and I do 7, awesome as well.  As long as I come reasonably close and my body feels good, I'm not going to let it dictate my life.
  • I'm going to San Diego the week of June 7-12.  Where we are staying should be a fairly decent place to run, so I'm looking forward to that week on my own.
  • I have been reading.  I guess I can no longer say "I'm not a reader" when I have read three books in the last month.  Part of the reason is that I went on vacation and read a book and a half on the plane ride to Maui.  However, I can say that I got sucked into each book and thoroughly enjoyed escaping the television for entertainment.
  • I'm a bit overwhelmed with the state that our house is in.  Chad and I like to take things out, but not put things away.  Therefore, we have all kinds of stuff on counters, tables, floors that just look so cluttered and messy.  We would rather rest or watch TV than put stuff back where they belong.  We have to get better about keeping our house neat.
  • Ben's 'tumor' was not a tumor.  It was a fluid filled cyst that looked abnormal enough for the Dr to do a test on the cells he extracted.  The cyst totally deflated and we are in the clear for now.  If it comes back, we have to take him back in to the doctor.
  • Felicia's tumor was a tumor and was removed yesterday.  Dr. Faught did an excellent job stitching her up...I was imagining picking up 'Frankenkitty' yesterday when I went to go get her, but you can hardly tell where her stitches are.  She is recovering as well as can be expected considering she was drugged, had gauze tape wrapped around her front leg, and an inch long incision outside of her ear.  An inch on a kitty head is the equivalent of a huge gash on a human head.  Yikes!

  • Chad surprised me over the weekend.  We had been at the wine festival and I had taken him to a booth where a local designer (Cindy Chuang) had a display of her handmade purses, wallets, and scarves from recycled fabrics.  They were absolutely beautiful.  I had my eye on a woven straw purse that had been modified with a cute yellow patterned liner and beautiful lace florets from an old dress.  Chad went back to the booth on Sunday when I was at home still recovering from my cough and he bought the purse for me.  What a surprise!  I love it!

1 comment:

The MOB said...

Cute Flucie!
Cute Purse!