Thursday, May 21, 2009

Good Wednesday

Yesterday was a good day. Finally, I'm starting to come out of the woods with the chest cold. I still coughed and hacked from time to time, but overall my body felt much better and I coughed much less than the previous five days. I came out of the haze to be much more productive with a few work items that had been bogging me down as well.

I went to my first workout back with the team in the evening. I have to admit that I'm bummed that the group is so small. What this means is that there isn't anyone my speed. There seems to be several people in the 3:00-3:10 pace range, then a couple of folks in the 3:35+ pace range. I'm right in the middle with my 3:20 goal, and therefore ran by myself yesterday...boring! If it looks like I'm going to be running by myself, I'm afraid that I'll have to start waking up early again and join the morning group. The new stretching routine and exercises that Steve has implemented for the team are fine by me. I'm a bit hypermobile when it comes to flexibility, so I'm going to have to be careful not to over-stretch. I tend to stretch not only my muscles, but also my tendons, and in the past this has led to some of my injuries.

The shock was having to do pushups after workout. I don't do pushups. Oh well, I sucked it up and did 'girl' pushups from my knees with the best form that I could. I think I will make an effort to build my upper body strength so that I'm able to do all of my pushups the normal way by the end of the summer. On the other hand, the 'sit ups' if you want to call them that, were totally wimpy. I do situps and ab work at home that are so much more intense than the ones we were told to do, and more reps of them. I'm going to keep doing what I do at home as well.

We had a delicious dinner thanks to Chad's help. I'm focusing on my nutrition this summer, so it has been great to eat my choice of dinner every evening. What may be sad to some of my veg/vegan friends is that I'm prepared to publicly announce that I'm eating fish again. With the removal of wheat from my diet, I'm finding that I don't have enough food choices vs time in the day to prepare them to be such a strict vegetarian/vegan. I'm only eating fish that I feel comes from a responsible source, so you won't find me eating fish at just any restaurant or elsewhere. I also have been eating some dairy, but have done my best to keep it organic or from other responsible sources.

The final great thing about Wednesday...Kris Allen won American Idol! Hooray! His performance with Keith Urban (at first I wrote Tim McGraw, but I must have been flaking for a moment, sorry) was fantastic (and you know Country music doesn't really do it for me). Also, I must say that Kris's voice sounded better than Keith's. When it came for the celebrity performance with Adam, the performance with KISS was not as awesome as it could have been. That entire performance was just so awkward. Adam sounded great with Queen, and I definitely think the Freddie Mercury comparisons are valid. Anyhow, yay for Kris.

2 comments:

The MOB said...

Good for Kris...good for Sadie!

meredith said...

Since you are including some dairy, I am IN LOVE...sorry Paul, with the Stoneyfield Farm Oikos greek yogurt. I add a high fiber cereal, but since you are avoiding wheat you could do some rice puffs to give it a little crunch...just a treat for your healthy eating :)