Monday, May 18, 2009

Cough Cough Cough...back to the grind.

Ugh.  I have a chest cold.  It started on Friday during our vacation.  Imagine a throat tickle and coughing through a snorkel set...very interesting.  I tried not to let the coughing impact my ability to have fun on Friday and Saturday, but the flight back Saturday night, the jet lag, and another 24 hours has hit my body kind of hard (I actually had to take medicine - shock!).  

Today is supposed to be my first day back training with Team Rogue and I'm going to have to miss it.  Bummer.  The 'rule' is that you can run with a cold if it is in your head, but if it is in your chest, don't mess with it.  In 2005, I ran with a chest cold for a while and it turned out to be walking pneumonia...no fun, though the prescription cough syrup was heaven.

Also bad news for the week, I discovered a bump on Beans's left cheek that feels like a tumor.  It definitely is not one of those whisker follicles, so he is going in this afternoon to have it looked at.  We already know that Felicia is going in to have a tumor removed from her ear next week.  Now we might have two tumor kitties.   :( 

2 comments:

MW said...

Sorry about the kitkat.

It's not Pacific Rim Swine Flu, is it?

The MOB said...

That hurts my heart... :(