Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Catch Up - Work, sleep, TV!

We've been back in town since Sunday at noon and it seems like time has passed so quickly since then.  I'm hardly caught up to where I should be.  I've been a total zombie with this cough going on.  At work, I was doing my best to speak during a conference call in my crazy, weak, on-the-verge of coughing voice.  When my boss joined the call and heard me, he laughed in shock to the fact that he could hardly recognize who it was on the phone.  I was told to take a nap and recover :).

So, what else has been going on?  Well, the only good thing to do besides work, nap, and drink fluids is to catch up on the DVR recordings from our vacation.  No, we haven't done laundry or cleaned up the house, we're too busy watching all of our season finales.

Spoiler warning - If you're catching up on your shows as well, don't read on.  I might spoil something for you.

Here's what we have been watching - 

The Office - I'm sure they want us to think that Jim and Pam are expecting.  I love how much America loves Jim and Pam :).

30 Rock - We had missed the last two episodes, and they did not disappoint.  We just started watching this show this season.  The first episode or so that we watched were just okay, but when we got into the characters and realized the subtleties of some of the humor, it has become a regular 'fun' show that we watch.  We usually pick other shows to watch on the DVR first, but when we need a shorter show to entertain, it never disappoints.

Survivor - Oh man, we had to miss the episode where Coach was kicked off during our vacation.  Chad hadn't heard any news about it, but an unnamed friend of mine who reads this blog :) had posted something on Facebook about it and somewhat spoiled it for me.  We watched the Coach episode on Sunday in time to watch the final episode on Sunday night.  I didn't want JT to win.  I actually liked Stephen's strategy and (probably due to the way he was edited) thought he was more of the mastermind of who to vote off each week.  He also had the guts to put his neck on the line and vote out people on each blindside instead of hiding behind the votes like JT.  After every vote, JT always looked like the good guy and Stephen was made to look like the villain, when they both agreed that they worked together for the plan.  

The Amazing Race - This one was spoiled for us during our vacation.  The final leg of the race took the final 3 teams to the island of Maui (where we were vacationing), so in the papers on Monday morning, there was news of who had won the race and how it went down.  It was a bummer to know the final result while watching the race, but it was fun seeing where the teams went for their route markers and knowing where each one was on the island.

Lost - What a great final episode!  (Keith, thanks for posting a spoiler warning on your blog.  I read the start of it and then saw the word 'spoiler' and was able to wait until last night to watch the finale without any knowledge of what was to come.)  I don't have anything to say that is different than Keith's blog other than Sawyer is my favorite character, not Juliet.  I love how flawed he is, and despite that, how he typically follows his heart when it comes to making decisions.  I would also like more background information on Richard next season.

Grey's Anatomy - We were two episodes behind, but I hadn't really heard any spoilers about the episodes at all.  Granted, this show is entirely predictable with what is going to happen with each character, but I totally figured out each episode before each 'twist' or 'shocker' occurred.  I knew that Izzie and Alex were going to get married instead of Meredith and McDreamy.  Of course they would.  That way, the never-ending saga of Meredith and Derek in love but destined to never be together, could last another episode.  There was no way that Grey and Shepherd would finally seal the deal.  In the last episode, when they first pulled the cover off of John Doe's face and I saw the blue eye and mouth of the bus victim, I instantly knew it was George.  Ask Chad.  I paused it, reversed the picture, and announced it right then and there.  Dang it...I spoiled the whole episode for the both of us!  We watched the whole thing knowing that it was George on the hospital bed, and it was very anti-climactic.  That disappointment and the fact that Meredith and Derek got married on a post-it was totally lame.  Stupid.  Anyhoo...It is still a show that I like to watch, and I still think that Christina is the best character on the show hands down (well, Christina and Alex both are).

Make Me a Supermodel - Yes, I watch it.  It wasn't a finale or anything, but I'm shocked that Jordan went home.  I thought for sure she was going to make it till the end.  Now it has to be the British guy for sure.  As long as it is not Sandhurst with his squinty face.

The Hills - Yes, another stupid show that I feel compelled to watch.  Finally Stephanie screws up royally and is going to have to be fired.  She is such a flake.  I also like how Lauren is being edited to look like the responsible working girl.  I'm sure she works very hard at what she does (if it is a real job at all), and I get tired of seeing her try to 'party' with her friends.  She looks like a fish out of water sometimes when she is in a party scene...either she looks fake drunk at times and is trying too hard to have a good time or at other times she is drunk and says stupid things and gets way to dramatic about someone else's relationship.  Another episode aired last night that I haven't watched, but I'm sure the Justin Bobby/Lauren thing is going to be prominent and hopefully Stephanie will cry a bunch when she is fired.  

Other shows to catch up on or watch in the next couple of weeks - 24, American Idol(We watched a little bit last week in Hawaii with our folks, so we know Gokey left, thank goodness.  I like Kris.  Adam is such a dork.  He is not original in any way.  Most of his super cool performances were copies of other artists interpretations of those songs.), So You Think You Can Dance (season premiere this week!  My favorite summer guilty pleasure show!), Big Brother (I'm going to try to resist this show, but I love love love it.)

I watch way too much TV.

2 comments:

MW said...

naah, you don't watch too much tv, you just watch and DVR the wrong things!

hahaha
heheh
; )

I mean seriously, big brother? The hills?

Daryl & Diana said...

Sorry, Sadie. But really, who checks FB while they're hanging out in paradise??