Thursday, October 01, 2009

October is Here!

The best month of the year has arrived! I really feel like the first nine months of the year are just weeks and days of anticipation for the party season. Each year, October brings the start of all things fantastic! Bring on the parties, bring the pumpkin, bring the spiced cider, bring the crisp, cool weather. Take out the burnt orange, the browns, the mustard yellows, the dark eggplant purple...I'm ready for a new color palette!

Here is what is on the calendar so far this October -
  • Oct 2-6 - Portland Trip! Running, eating, touring, drinking wine, visiting family. Woohoo!
  • Oct 8 - National Night out in our neighborhood
  • Oct 11 - my mom's b-day party
  • Oct 12 - Mom's b-day!
  • Oct 14-15 - mini trip to Houston for Muse/U2 concert!
  • Oct 16 - Chad's Mom's birthday!
  • Oct 17 - TX v OU weekend - we're not going, but it is a must-watch game!
  • Oct 22 - Dad's b-day!
  • Oct 27 - My Birthday!
  • Oct 31 - Halloween

Between all of the actual dates that have been planned so far, there are always various birthday dinners to attend. There is usually a dinner with Chad's mom. There will likely be a birthday combo dinner with my dad and me. I'm sure we'll also do something with my mom for my birthday. We'll also try to arrange/attend get-togethers with friends to celebrate birthdays and the marathon. The schedule is definitely going to be full!

Recovering from Portland could not be better timed...I'm ready to do all of the things that I haven't done the past few months. The celebrations can last into November as far as I'm concerned.

Also an answer to my prayers from my post yesterday - We are now in our first official cycle trying for a baby. I will not be blogging about it from here on out until we choose to go public with the news or until we know there is a complication that I would like to blog about. It could take a while or it may not. There won't be another post about it until December at the earliest. We'll see how it goes, and that is the exciting thing about it! Yay! This is the best news to start the best month of the year.

3 comments:

MW said...

Hooray for the return of cargo pant season, and greys and swampy and forrest green and dark brown!
That's as far as I'll go on the whole "seasonal color palette" thing. Hahahha

The MOB said...

I always feel that October is like a marathon... I have to pace myself.

kirsten said...

I'm still waiting on the cool and crisp...