Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Obligatory Voodoo Post

Yes, still catching up on Portland posts...Since there was so much excitement about going to Voodoo Doughnuts while we were in Portland, here is my post a la Mike and Keith.

We did make it to Voodoo Doughnuts on our last morning in Portland. It was Monday morning about 9:00am and there was absolutely nobody in line (which is crazy considering the line that was there all weekend). We walked right in the doors, admired the menu, the colorful case of doughnuts, and made our decisions rather quickly. Most of you know that I eat gluten-free, so this was a major breach in the diet. There aren't any gluten-free choices here...that would be mighty difficult to pull off. They do have vegan offerings that looked scrumptious, but I went ahead and ordered the "Captain My Captain", a yeast doughnut iced with vanilla frosting/glaze, topped with Cap'n Crunch cereal. Chad got a powdered sugar cake doughnut.

It was okay. Not my favorite, though I give it points for originality. I prefer a Dunkin' Donuts Blueberry Cake, a Krispy Kreme original, or that Krispy Kreme that has the white fluff in the middle with the chocolate icing (I think like the one Keith described, except I must clarify that I don't like the vanilla pudding creme, it must be the white fluffy icing in the center). After eating half of the Captain My Captain, I threw the rest away and suffered a horrible stomachache for the duration of the morning. As you can see below, Chad enjoyed his.






No comments: