Thursday, October 02, 2008

The wonders of technology

It is totally amazing to me how road trips these days differ from the ones we took when I was a child. I am currently blogging from my laptop computer, getting a live internet connection from my blackberry...this in the front seat of a hybrid vehicle getting 51 mpg through the Nevada desert. We're listening to a CD that I burned of some fun road trip/running trip songs that I downloaded from iTunes.

Times sure have changed from the cars of the past, listening to the radio or perhaps a tape if we were lucky, with no knowledge of the cd, cell phone, laptop, much less the internet or the wireless internet. Damn...we are so lucky to live in this country.

So...we arrived in Vegas safely. We're now on our way to St. George. My leg is feeling a lot better than this weekend. Chad says hi.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck, Sadie! You're gonna have a fantastic race!

kirsten said...

I'm excited for you Sadie - have a super fun race. Hi Chad! Hope he has a good race too.