Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Random Thoughts

As an attempt at non-baby thinking today, I thought I'd share...
  • I really like our neighborhood, especially the fact that Bambi and all of his many friends live here and roam the streets.
  • Lost killed me last night. I cried. It was fitting. It made sense. I just didn't want it to happen. Chad said 'It is LOST, so you never know', when discussing what might eventually happen with those two characters by the last episode. (trying not to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it)
  • Chad's favorite character on Glee is Brittany. She is so funny. Whoever does the writing for her lines is a genius. I like Kurt because he is quite a bit more complex, but Brittany is a close second.
  • I really want to learn how to knit. Holly, I said I would email you about it, but clearly I have procrastinated. I will email you soon. In the meantime, I may need to visit a craft/fabric store.
  • We're doing better now with the passing of Beans. Both Miko and Felicia seem to have moved on and are enjoying their new routines. They have been very sweet to us and each other.
  • We tried the new restaurant in the Arboretum (Saks/Starbucks side) called Newk's last night. They sent us a postcard for a free Big Crispy treat, so we went and had dinner. Chad liked his pizza (it smelled divine), and I thought my salad was pretty good. They are still learning the ropes over there, so if you go, know that. We got our free rice crispie treat, which was yummy, and were also given a free piece of strawberry cake to try. I tasted the icing and it was delish! Chad seemed to enjoy it. Newk's is an order at the register and take your number to your seat kind of place. They have sandwiches, salads, soups, and thin-crust pizzas. We like places where you don't necessarily have to tip and can eat a full, non-fast food tasting meal for under $20 for the two of us.
  • I wonder if I'll be able to run Boston next year. I'm qualified. I would like to complete the distance and get the experience of doing it again, not to worry about my finish time at all. Chad is qualified, too, and it will be the first time we are able to run it at the same time.

That's all I have to say for now. Carry on.

4 comments:

MW said...

two thoughts!

One: if anything, you should both register, then defer, if you decide that 2011 is not your year. At least you won't have to pay the price of having to requalify at a different race and training season.

Two: Bambi was a guy? Seriously?

Sadie J said...

Item two: But of course! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bambi

Mark said...

Knitting, you say? Visiting a craft/fabric (I assume knitting?) store, you say? My wife (http://ravelldsleeve.wordpress.com/) does both. She says it's "first Thursday" at South Congress's hill Country Weaving TOMORROW! And she does a "Knit and Knatter" thing on Fridays if you wanna ...

Jon said...

I love Brittany! "I went to a misogynist when I pulled my hamstring" - who comes up with this stuff?!