Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Recovery Week - Fun Monday

Last night marked the first run of our first recovery week. Instead of our normal 9-10 mile run, we only had to do 7. Since in my mind 7 miles is still pretty long for a weekday run, my mind played stalling games with my body all afternoon. I stalled until I absolutely could not wait any longer.

I got to the trail at 6:35 and started running the I35 loop counter clockwise from MoPac. I was trying to run as easy as possible until I could find my groove. It really wasn't as hot or humid as I was expecting, so after I took water at the 0 mile marker, I felt pretty good.

Lucky for me, I ran into Melissa running the opposite direction on Riverside drive. I was about 3 miles in, so I turned around and ran back towards MoPac with her. She was nice enough to let me talk (mostly blabbing) about the start of wedding planning for a good 20 minutes during the run.

As a big surprise, Melissa and I ran in to Dan! I was so excited to see him! (Dan has been so good all year asking when Chad was going to propose. We have really been predicting and guessing dates for over 6 months now, so it was fun to finally have a ring to show!) Dan reacted terrifically, giving both Melissa and I big hugs and admiring my finger. He seemed really genuine in his joy for Chad and I and it was so nice to see him out there.

In all, it was a great run. After a couple of miles I forgot about how I was dreading the run and just enjoyed the company and conversation.

1 comment:

dr mel said...

That was a great run!