Sunday, May 08, 2011

My First Mother's Day


I'm a lucky woman. Today is Mother's Day and not only do I have the most wonderful husband and baby to share it with, I got to have a day much like other weekends. Chad and Brody make me feel special most days, so today wasn't any different in that respect.

When asked what I wanted to do for Mother's Day, there were only a few specific requests I could think of - After Brody was awake for the day, Chad handled all of the diaper changes. I was able to get a run in by myself (meaning without the stroller) and have some time to take my shower and get ready without having to worry about the B-man. I also got to help out with bath time, part of Brody's routine that Chad typically gets. I just love lathering Brody's little scalp with shampoo and pouring water on him.

Other things that I got today that were bonus - Chad made my breakfast for me, surprised me with cards from both Brody and him, had a nice mommy present for me, and took us to lunch (including a girly drink, hurray!).

And a special surprise - I was able to take an hour nap for the second day in a row. Double hurray!

I feel loved and special.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there, whether your children are grown and have children of their own or whether you are waiting to meet your child. To the Moms in my life, thank you for your example and advice. Thank you for being a part of this mothering community that helps me laugh through the hard times and reminds me to cherish the moments that go by all too fast.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Happy Be-lated Mother's Day, Sadie. You and Brody look great!