Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Date

I did my makeup and hair.

I wore a real bra instead of a nursing tank.

In fact, I wore nothing that would suggest 'mom'...dark non-maternity jeans, red shoes, a top with a neckline that showed a hint of cleavage.

I wore my engagement ring, something that I don't wear these days because the setting ends up scratching Brody's legs when I change his diapers.

I carried a real purse instead of a diaper bag.

I purposely did not wear a watch so that I wouldn't look at the time and wonder what Brody was doing.

My favorite restaurant these days, The Steeping Room, offered a Prix Fixe menu for Valentine's Weekend with at least one item in each course that fit my dietary restrictions (no gluten, no dairy, no eggs). I guarantee no other restaurant in Austin is offering such (even Mother's). It also was reasonably priced and did not have the 'amateur hour' feel in its clientele compared to other dining establishments Valentine's weekend.

We drove Chad's truck, which does not have a car seat base in it.

It was a real date night, folks, and I'm the luckiest gal in the world right now :).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww...yay, for a fun date night!!!

Daryl & Diana said...

Love it!