Friday, February 25, 2011

almost 6 months ago

Six months ago was August 25, 2010. I was 39 wks 3 days pregnant and out for my evening walk. Chad was out getting his run in. That evening I decided to run again. I hadn't really run in weeks/months, though I tried a few times in the last month at the gym and just ended up in a lot of pain. Something told me that night to run.

When we were showering and going to bed for the evening, I was remarking at how low my belly was and showed Chad how I could fit my entire palm between my breasts and the big belly. I swept my hand down hard over my skin and swear I heard and felt the 'pop' that I think was the rupture of my membranes.

Not 5 hours later, at 1am on August 26, I awoke to the feeling of water gushing out of me while laying in the bed. I thought I had wet myself with urine, but quickly realized otherwise. It was go time. My water had indeed broken.

Throughout the day on the 26th, labor progressed and we took our final pregnant picture in the nursery. Now six months later, I have finally rediscovered these pics and finished putting together the final belly progression picture from the header of my pregnancy blog. You can click to enlarge if you want. Pictured are the following weeks - 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, and 39wk4days (in labor, likely 3-4 cm at that point).


I should probably take a picture in the nursery now with Brody. I think I'm about the size of the first pic of me in week 12.

No comments: