Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Beans Update and a pic of me

First, Beans. He did receive the blood transfusion yesterday and his red blood cell count rebounded into the lower part of the normal range. The doctor felt like he could come home last night and continue through the week with us monitoring him at home. We are still giving him Prednisone twice a day, now with an additional antibiotic as back up for an infection that they screened for. He came up negative for the infection, but our vet conferred with another vet at the office and they both agreed it would not hurt Beans to take the antibiotic just in case the infection was somehow missed.

He felt so much better last night. How do I know? He ate more. He visited us in the living room. He meowed at us more. He hissed and growled like his normal self when he had had enough petting. He jumped on the couch several times and insisted that I pet him, which he had not done in days, and also which had me beaming and almost on the verge of joyful tears. He continues to do well today...the coloring in his gums is still pink, so hopefully we can make it until Friday before visiting the vet again. We are scheduled to have him go in Friday for a recheck on his blood levels. Hopefully they will still be in the normal range.

And for me...some of you have seen me lately hiding in my big puffy coat. I am definitely rounder than I used to be. Here is my first public preggo shot in my maternity jeans in front of our house.

2 comments:

Daryl & Diana said...

Oh Sadie, you look so cute!

Kevin said...

Woohooo - a bun in the oven. Now that I think of it, you did look "different" when I saw you during the Austin Marathon ... but I thought i was hallucinating. I'm sending good vibes toward you and Chad!