Saturday, March 26, 2011

Conquering Doubt

"Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt."

-William Shakespeare

I did not fear to attempt a long run sans-baby stroller this morning. I was full of self-doubt, but I forged ahead. I'm proud to say that at my designated 2-mile turnaround point I felt great and did not turn around. My body found the running groove that I feared lost to pregnancy and motherhood. Nope. The runner's high, the moment that your brain clicks with endorphins and you feel as if you could run forever, hit me and I settled into it like an easy chair. Ah...my long lost friend.

4.66 miles in 47:00
new distance and time PR for running without any walking
I'm awesome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Yes, you are awesome!!!

Kevin said...

Way to go Sadie... nice run!