Sunday, January 02, 2011

Goals for 2011

  • Start running again this year. I would like to be able to run 10-13 miles by the end of the year. Yes, I'm that far out of shape. I'm gonna start slowly by walking first (haven't even really walked since Thanksgiving) then adding in some short distances running.
  • Stop using profanity. I don't want Brody to say his first curse word by imitating anything I have said. If you really knew our little family, you would know that I'm the cusser in the house. My main words to work on...fudge, shoot, ace, dang...but the real ones. I figure I'm going to start saying durn, dang, argh, booty, and the like this year, just to keep my sense of humor.
  • Eat more vegetables. Despite what a few of you think, I really have become lax in my vegetable eating. With all of the food restrictions I am now under (no beef, chicken, pork by choice, no wheat for my GI issues, no dairy or eggs for Brody's eczema issues), it is essential that I focus on eating the right foods. I am slowly becoming a junk food pescatarian.
Those are the main goals. There are lots of other things that I constantly strive to do better on. Having three main things to immediately focus on for the year is about all I can handle.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I've done pretty good about not cursing around Noah, but the vegetable eating? Fudge, shoot, ace, %$#@*&^