Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gold Star!

Gold Star for me today! Why? Because I took my car to the dealer with Brody in tow for 5 1/2 hours this morning. Why? The check engine light came on over a week ago and it had to be done.

An 11-week-old. Howdy Honda Service Dept. Five and a half hours. You wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. I forgot my snack. I had only the 2nd favorite pacifier, not the favorite. It was a recipe for disaster. However, if you have been to Howdy Honda lately, you know how awesome it is...coke/water/juice fridge, coffee pod maker, lots of space, lots of hand sanitizer, kids area, Krispy Kremes (that I did not eat).

Two feedings nursing in public, two diaper changes (one a poop blowout requiring a change of clothes), many laps around the dealer lot, many more laps around the gigantic air conditioned showroom, and whaddyaknow...I have an excellent baby. Brody was super good and only cried when he woke up for his feedings. I simply followed the routine we have at home...Eat, Play, Sleep...and Brody knew just what to do. He made loads of friends, though I wouldn't let any of them get too close. Thankfully, Chad was able to escape his job towards the end of my wait and bring me lunch and eat with me, so ultimately I did not starve.

Here are some pics of us waiting...

Poop Face--yes, he was literally pooping when I took this shot, though I wish I had a video of his face instead.

Super Smiley Brody


Silly Brody

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's so cute. Glad you survived the dealership. Even without a baby in tow that's one heck of a feat.